Rentabike @ Federation Square is temporarily closed, except for pre-booked tours & hires.
Phone Murray Johnson on 0417 339 203 for inquiries.
Founded in 1976 we're now in our 45th year. As well as a fleet of great, light 21-speed hybrid bikes we've got child seats (for 0-3 yearolds) tagalongs (for 4-6 yearolds, rated up to 38kg), two-child buggies and tandems. We provide personal service, helmets, locks, maps and a free map (below) of Melbourne's Top 5 Rides with every hire.
Explore spectacular Docklands nearby, or cruise around Hobson's Bay to the quaint shipbuilding port of Williamstown. You can even take your bike on the Williamstown Ferry... enjoy a coastal ride, then catch the train back from Altona to Flinders St Station. The possibilities are endless.
Our two most popular rides are along the Yarra to the Collingwood Children's Farm, Abbotsford Convent and Studley Park Boathouse, or you can ride the scenic loop to the groovy seaside suburb of St Kilda with a walk through the Royal Botanic Gardens and and on to the Formula 1 Grand Prix Track, then cruise back along the beach.
We'll give you a copy of our very own full-color A3 double-sided cycling map of Melbourne (above), which features Melbourne's Top Five Rides, points of interest, the best places to eat, drink and shop, tourist precincts worth visiting and more. The map includes distances and times for each ride, as well as photos.
Grab a picnic and bottle of wine and head off along the Yarra or take a stroll through the Botanic Gardens for a romantic lunch.
Rentabike @ Federation Square is also Melbourne's specialist at school, group and corporate bike hire. Ask us about our special group rates and let us tailor a ride or team building exercise to suit your needs and budget. It's all easy with Rentabike.
Rentabike hire rates
|HIRE TIME||SINGLE RATE||FAMILY RATE|
|All day 9.30am-5pm||$40||$100|
* Extra days just $20.
* If you want to start early in the morning, we offer overnight hire (24hrs) for just $50
* Rates include helmets (compulsory) and locks if required as well as a free map and sunscreen, plus a pump & repair kit.
* Child seats (1-3 yr olds) $10
* Tagalongs and buggies count as a regular bike
* Tandems count as two bikes... so $30 for one hour, then $10 an hour or $80 all-day... electric bikes the same.
* Family rate = Two adults & two children under 18
* Special low rates for schools and community groups
* 10% discount for groups of 10 or more